|Specific Services We Offer:
- Dental Exams – Annually over 30,000 new cases of oral cancer are diagnosed in the U.S. – and that number is increasing. Our dental exams include cavity detection, a cancer screening and a gingivitis/periodontal exam.
- Preventive oral hygiene care – Also known as a cleaning or prohpy. The preventive care includes an oral cancer screening, dental exam, periodontal screenings, and removal of hard and soft deposits from teeth. We review and discuss the results with you chair-side. We remove tartar and plaque and polish teeth. In addition to the traditional rubber cup with paste, we also offer the new method of the prophy jet. We recommend a fluoride treatment to patients to help prevent cavities and to help with sensitivity.
- X-Rays – We use digital x-rays. The image is captured on a sensor, stored and available for immediate viewing and discussion.
If a dental exam, cleaning and/or x-ray reveals one or more issues, we discuss with you the options available for each situation. We want you to be clear on alternatives so you can make the best decision for your dental health.
- Fillings – by using the most up-to-date restorative materials, we can match our restorations to the natural shade of the tooth.
- Root Canals – Root canals are utilized in helping the body rid itself of infection around a tooth. It may also be a necessity to help the restorabilty a tooth.
- Restore Missing Teeth
∙ Dental implant – Implants replace and restore one or more missing teeth. Implants allow a specific issue to be addressed without requiring work on adjacent teeth.
∙ Bridge – A bridge enables replacing a missing tooth by preparing teeth on each side of the missing tooth for a crown. The missing tooth is then connected to the adjacent crowned teeth. This type of restoration stays in the mouth and does not come out.
∙ Partial denture – A partial denture is used to replace one or more missing teeth on an arch. This method utilizes an acrylic base that uses clasps that hold the denture in place. This method requires the denture to come out at night to allow the tissue to rest.
∙ Denture – Full dentures are utilized to replace all the missing teeth in an arch. In most circumstances the denture is to come out at night to allow the tissue to heal and rest. In most circumstances the denture can attach to implants to provide a greater support and function.
- Veneers – Veneers can be a great choice in creating a beautiful smile! With veneers, you can change the entire color, shape and appearance of a tooth. A veneer is bonded to a lightly shaved tooth. The end result is a beautiful smile!
- Whitening – Bleaching is a great, inexpensive way to brighten your smile and make you look more youthful. At Kahn Family Dental Care we offer two options:
∙ Take-home bleaching – We make molds of your teeth then create custom trays. We provide enough bleach for 20 – 30 treatments.
∙ Crest® White Strips – We offer White Strips of higher concentration and in a larger quantity than available in retail stores.
- Crowns – A crown is placed to prevent tooth fracture or breakage, or to restore a tooth to its original appearance. Crowns are typically made from metal, a metal and porcelain combination, or even all porcelain.
∙ Metal – such as gold
∙ Porcelain fused to metal
∙ Zirconia – Zirconia base with porcelain on top
…superb dental experiences in a warm and caring environment…